BPL Hits 1,000,000 Book Milestone!
Big news! Burlington Public Library has hit a huge milestone! In 2023, you borrowed over ONE MILLION physical books from your Library!
ONE MILLION! This is the first time we have surpassed this milestone—and we couldn’t have done it without you. Add eBooks and eAudiobooks to the mix, and we had close to 1.4 million borrows last year.
Physical books include regular print and large print hardcovers and trade paperbacks, children’s board books, mass-market paperbacks, and graphic and manga novels.
"We’re thrilled and deeply grateful that Burlington residents use their public library to feed their reading passion,” says Burlington Public Library CEO Lita Barry. “BPL is committed to providing an amazing collection that caters to our diverse community of readers and is accessible to all."
Over the past few years, BPL has taken on several initiatives to meet the community's reading needs and encourage more borrowing. These initiatives include:
- Launching the Handpicked For You service
- Adding Staff Picks and themed book displays throughout our branches
- Promoting book recommendations on our website and social media in new and fun ways
- Reintroducing our express collection of popular and bestselling titles
- Increasing renewal limits
- Eliminating daily overdue fines
Thank you for supporting the library by borrowing books, visiting our branches, and attending our programs. Here’s to even more reading in 2024!